I recently had a problem with my computer running xp and had to reinstall some applications. Everything is working fine but I notice the balloon information pop ups font size are twice the size they used to be and the font is different. It is annoying because the balloon is large and takes up a lot of the screen. Is there anyway to fix this?
The balloon information popups you are having problems with are known as tool tips. Unknown to many users, you can actually change, or customize the font, size and colors of Tooltips. Here's how on Windows XP and Vista.
- Right click on the Desktop and select Properties then Appearances tab
- Click on the Advanced button (bottom of window on right)
- In the Advanced Appearance window, click on the Item pull down arrow and select ToolTip
- To reset the font and size back to the default, change Font: to Tahoma and font Size to 8 and click OK.
If you want to customize, you can also change the background color by changing Color 1. To change the font color select Color.
- Right click on the Desktop and select Personalize then click on Windows Color and Appearance
- In the next window, click on Open classic appearance properties for more color options (bottom)
- In the Appearance Setting window, click on the Advanced… button (bottom right)
- In the Advanced Appearance window, click on the Item pull down arrow and select ToolTip (similar to screen shot above for XP)
- To reset the font and size back to the default, change Font: to Segoe UI and font Size to 9 and click OK.
As with XP, you can also customize the background color by changing Color 1 and change the font color by changing Color.